Ensuring your barcodes scan first time, every time, all over the world.
Complete the form and send in with your sample products for testing – more details about the process are given below.
The fee structure is also shown on the Verification Request Form.
NOTE: When registering a new barcode prefix, GS1 SA offers you a complimentary verification report service which is a test of the quality of your barcode! Contact GS1 to query your free barcode report!
What is GS1 Barcode Verification?
Quality barcodes means more surety and a less problematic supply chain performance. Testing barcodes through a barcode verifier prevents the costs associated with non-compliance, and promotes stronger trade partner relationships. GS1 will test your barcodes to ensure that they scan first time, every time.
- For the best results, barcodes should be submitted in their final form, however also test artwork, labels and packaging.
- We provide either a final report or an interim report dependant on the type of barcode submitted for testing.
- We test on varying aspects – including compliance to global standards, size, colour, print quality, numbering and more.
- Once testing is complete, we will provide you with a GS1 South Africa Bar Code Verification Report, indicating the compliance of your barcode and if necessary, any changes or adjustments you may need to make.
Download our technical information sheet to understand WHY to VERIFY your Barcodes during the production process.
Benefits of Barcode Testing
1. Save time and money!
Avoid having to re-design, re-print, or relabelling products due to ineffective or non-scanning barcodes.
2. Ensure better relationships with customer
Retailers are increasingly intolerant of products that cause scanning errors. Many of them require GS1 South Africa Barcode Test report as a mandatory step in the product listing process.
3. Service you can trust
GS1 South Africa, is the only authorised organisation in South Africa to issue GS1 barcodes and is a proud member organisation of GS1 Global which is the world’s largest authority on barcode numbering. When choosing GS1 South Africa to test your barcode quality, a member can rest assured that we test our barcodes using ISO 15416 verification (testing) methods as well as test for compliance to GS1 standards.
How to apply for barcode Testing:
- Verification application form 2020 Complete the form, make the selected payment on the testing service i.e. No. of barcodes for testing.
- Send request form and proof of payment to email@example.com.
- Send through a completed product, artwork or mock up design to GS1 South Africa office for testing.
- Receive your report which explains the test result and advice if necessary on how to improve the quality of the barcode.