What is the Global Data Synchronisation Network (GDSN)?
It is the SMART way for you to get your product data through to your clients.
How does Global Data Synchronisation work?
In South Africa Global Data Synchronisation Network has two elements:
The 1WorldSync portal for loading, registering and publishing your product data. 1WorldSync is the certified data pool that GS1 South Africa has partnered with. The platform resides in the cloud and must conform to all the GDSN standards. As the standards are amended to meet new demands from industry, so the platform changes to accommodate new fields or functionality.
The 1WorldSync XML interface for those that want to load, register and publish product data directly to 1WorldSync, without having to use the portal. (This is normally done from a supplier’s product master data system, e.g. SAP).
2. DATAnet.za is the local front end hosted by GS1 South Africa. This is a browsing tool but offers users the functionality of instantly viewing which of their products have been accepted/rejected. Full .csv reports can be accessed through this tool
The GDSN team manage the data quality checking of all products that have been published through 1WorldSync.
Your clients have peace of mind knowing that unauthorised changes to your product data is verified by the owners of the standards that govern changes, namely GS1 South Africa.
GS1 South Africa also has a prefix management process to protect their members. If you are not the owner of the GS1 Global Company Prefix you will not be given access to load any product data against this prefix, unless written authorisation is sent to GS1 South Africa.
The Quality Checking and automatic rejection responses also prevent duplicate Global Trade Item Numbers from entering the supply chain.
But, is your product data Trusted before you even publish?
Good quality data is foundational to collaborative commerce. To achieve quality and trusted data GS1 has developed the GS1 Data Quality Framework to assist organisations to have complete data with the relevant values recorded electronically; data that conforms to industry standards; data values that are aligned between trading partners and across all systems; correct data values at the time the information is needed; clear and concise time stamped data.
Start implementing the Data Quality Framework in your organisation today. To support you, we have made all the tools available to get you started.
Self-Assessment Tool: offers organisations means to perform a self-assessment against the key elements of the Data Quality Management System in order to reveal opportunities for improvement of the management of data quality
Imagine if . . . .
- Your product data was ‘Trusted’ by all your clients
- Product data duplications, errors and discrepancies are eliminated
- Data can be shared seamlessly with your trading partners in real time
- Your company can keep all product data in a single, secure, accessible, reliable location with user access defined by your organisation
- Efficient synchronisation of item, ingredient, pharmaceutical, medical device, medical implants, general merchandise, fresh produce and price data can be used for efficient electronic data interchange
The GS1 South Africa Global Data Synchronisation Network is the perfect solution to eliminate the pain points in the supply chain for business to business product data.