Need a barcode?
GS1 is the only authorized entity for sourcing of unique GS1 Identification numbers.
GS1 South Africa issued numbers’ are the key to ensuring success in a business’ supply chain. Why?
- Unauthorised Barcode resellers undermine the integrity of the GS1 system.They create confusion in the market and disrupt the functioning of supply chains around the world.
Obtaining Barcode numbers from an unauthorized source or ‘reseller’ other than GS1 South Africa, can cause big losses. The ‘re-labelling or repackaging’ of products, or even product rejections by retailers due to inaccurate brand ownership linked to a Barcode is not good for a brand.
GS1 provides unique identifiers of locations, services, trade items & more in multiple industries including retail, manufacturing, healthcare, logistics, agriculture and hundreds more.
To obtain a range of Global Trade Item Numbers (GTINs) we have 4 easy, user friendly options:
1. Contact our Customer Service Centre and one of our expert consultants will guide you through the process and email you the relevant application forms – 0861 242 000
2. Download, complete and email the application form that meets your needs to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply fax to 0866 749929 with your proof of payment.
Not sure which Membership option is for you? Call our Customer Service Centre to get assistance. Tel or international calls on +27 11 777 3300
GS1 Membership Options
3. Book an appointment with a consultant at our offices in Johannesburg:
a. Block D, Hurlingham Office Park, Woodlands Avenue (cnr William Nicol & Republic Road), Hurlingham Manor, Sandton 2196
b. Our trading hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 5: 00 pm
4. Join Now to register your company profile with us. Once this is done one of our expert consultants will be in touch with you to take you through the membership process.
GS1 South Africa endeavours to provide the most professional service possible. To accommodate the high volumes of calls we have estimated that our turnaround time for barcode applications is between 24 – 48 hours depending on your payment clearance.
We are also available for one on one appointments at our office where your barcode application process and payment clearance can be done while you wait.
Credit card facilities are available for onsite payments.